Expert-Led Seminar: Child Sexual Exploitation - London Wide
The independent inquiries into Child Sexual Exploitation in Rotherham and Manchester have exposed the prevalence and impact of child sexual exploitation on the lives of young people. A key recommendation from both inquiries has included the need to increase professional’s awareness of child sexual exploitation.
This one day training aims to increase participant’s awareness of sexual exploitation as a form of sexual abuse enabling them to identify vulnerability and risks factors in order to enhance practitioner’s ability to recognise indicators and better safeguard young women at risk of CSE.
Women and Girls Network has developed this short course aimed at Practitioners who are working directly with or are responsible for the safeguarding of young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
Our course has been designed to focus specifically on working with girls and young women.
This half day course will support you with the following:
- Discussed own and society’s attitudes, beliefs and values to young women, sexual activity and sexual exploitation
- Defined child sexual exploitation
- Increased awareness of what makes young women / people vulnerable to sexual exploitation
- Increased awareness of the global impact of trauma as a consequence of CSE from a neuroscience perspective.
- Increased awareness of the clinical conceptualizations related to impact of trauma
- Be aware of the law, guidance, policies and procedures relating to sexual exploitation and young women / people
Who is this training for?
These courses have been developed for front-line staff, working directly with Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) within London organisations. Please note due to funding requirements, this one day free course is only available to practitioners who are working directly with or are responsible for the safeguarding of young people in London Boroughs
10:00am to 3:00pm